Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Romans Chapter 5

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners Christ died for us.

All though we do not deserve love from God, He loves us all because he is merciful and we are all his children. No matter what we think we need to realize that we are all dirty, filthy , rotten sinners and are not deserving of his love. You may not think you are a sinner but let me tell you that you are. Even if you have ever only told one lie , you are a sinner and the price to pay for that sin is death. I use to think I was a good person and I could go to heaven merely by my good works or deeds. I did not think I was that bad and I considered myself to be a good person. I have always said I will go to heaven. It was not until I started reading the KJV Bible that I found out I was wrong and needed to be saved. I needed to put my trust and faith in Jesus Christ and admit to him that I was a sinner and ask for forgiveness. God loves us so much he sent Jesus Christ to die on the cross and bare all the sins of the world. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Therefore Romans 5 starts of basically with the believer understanding the blessing that has been received and having joy and faith with God through Jesus Christ. We learn and rejoice in Glory in tribulations and tribulations bring patience and that patience brings experience and that experience brings hope. Before we had faith tribulations would arise and we would not handle them in a Godly manner. We would not pray, and we certainly would not have patience. The stronger you grow in faith the easier it will be to overcome tribulations, with patience and through experience. Tribulations are troubles and distresses that come after persecution. It is hard to believe that sin entered the world with one man (Adam) and the sin of the world was taken away by one man as well (Jesus Christ). Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience one were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made. righteous. In reference to this I want to take a great quote from ,John Gill, in the Sword Searcher " for the sin of the first man", all that are born of him, "become wicked." that as by Adam's sin all his posterity are made sinners, and so are brought under a sentence of condemnation; in like manner by the obedience of Christ, all his seed are made righteous, and come under a sentence of justification of life: Man were made sinners by "the disobedience of one man, Adam"; and by the first and single disobedience of his, in eating the fruit of the forbidden tree, by which they "were made sinners": so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous; not by their own obedience; nor by their own obedience and Christ's together; but by his sole and single obedience to the law of God: and the persons made righteous by it are not all the posterity of Adam, and yet not a few of them; but "many", even all the elect of God, and seed of Christ; these are all made righteous in the sight of God, are justified from all their sins, and entitled to eternal life and happiness. This is all possible by beliefing in Jesus Christ who was sent to Bare all the sins of the world because of what Adam had done in the garden. Sin breeds sin. Jesus is the only man to ever walk the other that was with out sin, obedient and righteous. He was crucified on a cross for us because God loves us all and does not want us to be separated from him. God wants us to live righteously. He wants us to walk and talk with him daily. He wants us to spend eternity with him, and not in the Lake of Fire, burning in torments. That is why he sent his only begotten son to bare all of our sins. I am gracious and over joyed with the fact that i know I will be spending eternity in heaven. The question is will you? Are you living for God. Is he involved in every aspect of your life? If not I will be praying for you to get right with him, have faith in him and belief in him. When you are alone, who do you have to talk to, who will listen? I know who I have and he is always listening.

Heavenly father, it has been a great morning getting to know you and grow closer to you. I pray that if there is anyone that would read this blog that does not know you that they may call out your most highly name and ask you into their life. I love you father and I don't know how I ever went on with out you. Lord I pray that your will would be upon me this day and all days forward. I pray that not only myself but others can start off every day just like this one. I love you Lord and I praise you. In Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. We must never forget we are sinners. The realization of this fact pointed us to our Saviour. Without sin we would need no Saviour. If people do not understand this they will not understand salvation. I like the questions at the end, summing it all up with an invitation to accept Christ. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything we lost in Adam; the fellowship, the communion and the presence with God, we gained back in Christ. And in addition to all these we also get heaven and eternal life.
    Seems "too good to be true" but thank God it is true.

    ReplyDelete