Thursday, March 5, 2009

Romans Chapter 10

Romans chapter 10 emphasizes mans responsibility: It is man who must pray (10:1); it is man who must submit (10:3); it is man who must believe (10:4); it is man who must believe in his heart and confess with his mouth (10:9-10); it is man who must call upon the name of the Lord (10:12-13); it is man who must hear and believe the gospel (10:14-17). God does the saving but man must do the believing.

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

It is truly very simple. You have to trust in the Lord with all of your heart and confess this to him. notice it says with the heart and not your head. If you confess this to him you should confess to him with meaning. Truly believe Jesus died for your sin and that God being as merciful as he is raised him up again. Call on the name of the Lord and confess your sins that Jesus had to pay for with his precious blood. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13. There are a lot of unsaved people out there that I feel want to believe in the Lord and want to be saved but are scared. They are scared of the life style they may have to give up and they are scared of what people will thank about them. The funny thing is you can may here them say they are blessed or pray when they want something or you can even her an occasional thank you lord but they will not submit themselves to God. There are a lot of souls out there that may want to be saved but do not know how and many souls that have never even heard the Gospel preached or even read the word of God.

Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. My wife (Theresa) and I read Chapter 10 together and this is one of the verses that stuck out most to her and she was very passionate about it. All bible believing Christians should be just as passionate about it as she is and it should cut deep to your heart as it did to mine. As Christians we are suppose to take what we know and fulfill the great commission by going out and seeing souls saved. This is done by going out and soul winning. Spreading the gospel at every moment and every chance we have possible. Planting the seed and watering it so Jesus can make it grow only as he can. Like I said previously in this blog there are many people out in this world that have never been presented the gospel or never even picked up a bible. My wife hit on a good note and said, "Think about all the parents out there that have never been presented the gospel therefore there children were not and this has passed on and will only keep passing on." If parents are not saved how do we expect their parents to be saved. It is our duty as Christians and believers to go out and spread the word. We may be the only hope for people walking around that are not saved to be saved. God puts people in front of us every day that do not know the Lord as there saviour. It is on us to spread the word and share the Gospel with that person, or share our testimony. It is not an easy task and you may be nervous to do it but trust me God will give you the strength. It is not easy to go out and put yourself out there when you know a lot of people don’t understand your faith and you are nervous , but for every 20 people who may laugh in your face, won't it be worth it to see at least one soul saved.~(Theresa Stinson) Nothing is impossible with God and trust me he will give you the strength. Are you doing all you can as a Christian to see souls saved and Lead to the Lord? Is there more you can do? I know there is more that I can do and I look forward to growing and spreading the Gospel.

Heavenly Father, Thank you for opening my eyes in this passage and making me realize there is so much for me to do in my walk with you. Father, we get comfortable and we shouldn't, and we often read your word but do not share it with others. I pray that if there any others that are out there in the same shoes I am in myself that your hand would be upon us and leading us in the right direction to see other's being lead to you. Father I know we are often weak at times but you are almighty and I pray that you would give us the strength, will and determination to do those things that bring praise to your name. We often take things for granted father and are to prideful, but i want you to know lord I can never think you enough for all that you have blessed me with. Father I pray that even today some hearts would be led to you and would come to know you. I pray a special blessing upon this weekend as we have our Mega Future Soldier Function and our Church Musical on Sunday, please allow everyone to travel safe and bless the fellowship and by your power may some folks there be led to you. I love you lord and look forward to my walk with you today. All praises to you. In Jesus name, Amen







Romans 10:13 For Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

2 comments:

  1. The devil is a deceiver and attempts to convince those that are considering salvation that they will have to overcome their sin in their own power. They need to understand that their is victory over spiritual death and "sin" only through Jesus Christ. Look to Jesus the Author and "Finisher" of our faith. Let "Him" complete the work that "He" has started in our lives. Great post! Looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. When some deal with this verse they overemphasize the "call" as a prayer. The word call means to depend upon, to trust, to rely on, not to pray. I am saved by trusting, relying on, and depending on Jesus as my only hope for heaven not by praying some prayer.
    Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    I "call upon the Lord" much the same way my wife has called upon me for the last 30 years to take care of her. I think you handled in well.

    ReplyDelete