Saturday, February 28, 2009

Romans Chapter 3

I am not a writer of any sorts so I am definitely not in my comfort zone. This is actually very different for me and something I never pictured myself doing. It is funny because God has a way of getting in our hearts and pulling us out of our comfort zone. Doing this so we can fulfill the great commission and lead others to Christ. I know that with the more knowledge you have of the bible comes more responsibility. I am ready to take on that responsibility and see souls saved. I am ready to bring glory to your name father. This is going to be a truly amazing journey and it begins now with Romans Chapter 3.



Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.



God layed it upon my heart to begin my Bible college with my first chapter being Romans 3. I believe the biggest reason is the verse you see written above Romans 3:23. It is the first verse in what we like to call "Romans Road to Salvation". It is a group of bible verses from the book of Romans in the New Testament that lead you down a road to be saved/salvation. Salvation is a free gift from God to you and is eternal. I will discuss salvation further in the days and weeks ahead. For someone to allow God to come into their heart they must first realize that they are a sinner. We are all sinners and unrighteuos in the eyes of the lord, both Jews and Gentiles, me, you and everyone. Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: To say that you have no sin you are only decieving yourself. If you can not admit that you are a sinner you will never put your faith in Jesus Christ who was sent by God to bare all the sins of the world. Therefore you will never be forgiven of your sins and saved. Romans 3:24-25 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. Without the precious blood of Jesus Christ being shed there would be no remission of sins and there we be no eternal life because after all we truly don't deserve it because Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

Heavenly father, thank you so much for opening my eyes in this Chapter. I just want to praise you lord for all that you are doing in my heart and all the doors you are opening for me. Father i know it will not always be easy but I know you will guide me in the right path. Thank you for all the great friends and other bible beliefers you have surronded me with. I am truly blessed and you never cease to amaze me. I can never thank you enough for my wife lord as she even dug down tonight and we tryed to understand your word together. Lord I just want to grow and spend all of my days in your word, praising you, talking with you and walking with you. I know this is all possible father because with you nothing is impossible. Thank you father for your mercy and grace and I look forward to spending this Lord's day with you to worship you. I pray a special blessing upon the SBC, the service, pastor and all the familys and guest. We love you lord, in Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. In my opinion Romans is one of the three most important books in the bible:
    Genesis - Tells us how it all began
    Revelation = Tells us how it will all end
    Romans - Tells us how to go to Heaven
    Rom 3:23 says we have all come short of God's glory, like trying to jump across the grand canyon you might jump farther than me but you wont make it either. When we compare ourselves with someone else we don't look so bad but when we compare ourselves to Christ we all "come short of the glory of God"
    Good post keep up the good work and the Lord will bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad the Lord laid this passage on your heart to start you off considering this is the first step to salvation. Putting down our pride and acknowledging that we are sinners in need of a Saviour. Praise the Lord! James. As for the writing I do believe you have talent that you may not have been aware of. As Bro. Dave said keep up the good work, I have been blessed by your blog! See you at church.

    ReplyDelete